Here are 911 Calls for Service responded to by the Valley Regional Fire Authority (VRFA) from Oct. 23–29, 2023:
- Motor Vehicle Collison: (Auburn) On Monday, October 23rd, at 9:04 p.m., firefighters responded to a report of a two-vehicle car crash. One patient was treated for minor injuries and transported to a local emergency room for further evaluation.
- Aid Call: (Lea Hill) On Monday, October 23rd, at 7:57 p.m., firefighters were called to a female patient who was reportedly unconscious and not breathing. Firefighters found her in a stable yet very ill condition. After assessing the patient’s vital signs, firefighters determined that the patient required further care in a hospital setting. A private ambulance provided transportation to a local hospital.
- Broken Water Pipe: (Lea Hill) On Tuesday, October 24th at 6:41 p.m., firefighters were dispatched to a broken water pipe inside an apartment building. Firefighters arrived to find a pipe that had been broken in the wall and had to be shut off at the service line, shutting off water to the building until repairs could be made. Firefighters assisted with water removal to limit damage to the building.
- Vehicle Fire: (Pacific) On Tuesday, October 24th at 11:44 p.m., firefighters responded to a vehicle fire. Firefighters arrived to find a collision between a semi-truck and a car. The car was fully involved in the fire. Firefighters extinguished the car fire and ensured there weren’t any injuries to the vehicle occupants.
- Welfare Check: On Wednesday, October 25th, at 4:35 p.m., firefighters responded to a report of an adult male lying on the ground and not responding. Firefighters determined the patient had overdosed and administered opioid treatment. After he was medically stabilized, the patient was transported to a local hospital by private ambulance.
- Commercial Vehicle Fire: (Pacific) On Thursday, October 26th at 05:20 p.m., firefighters responded to reports of a semi-truck on fire on the off-ramp from NB SR167 to Ellingson Rd. On arrival, crews found a fully involved semi-truck with exposure to the attached trailer. Crews quickly extinguished the fire and took steps to mitigate fuel leaking from the fire-damaged fuel tanks. The cause of the fire is under investigation by the Fire Marshals Office.
- Motor Vehicle Collision: (Lea Hill) On Friday, October 27th, at 5:39 p.m., firefighters responded to a three-car motor vehicle collision. Firefighters arrived to find three cars involved with moderate damage. Three patients were treated on scene, and one was transported to MultiCare Auburn Medical Center by private ambulance for further care.
- Residential Fire: (Bonney Lake) On Saturday, October 28, at 8:28 p.m., VRFA firefighters responded mutual aid to East Pierce Fire Rescue’s service area for a residential fire. The fire was extinguished, and no injuries were reported.
- Aid Call: (Pacific) On Sunday, October 29th at 4:16 p.m., firefighters responded to a woman complaining of severe abdominal pain. Firefighters assessed the patient and determined she needed further care. She was transported by private ambulance to MultiCare Auburn Medical Center.