Here are 911 Calls for Service responded to by the Valley Regional Fire Authority (VRFA) from Aug. 22 – 27, 2023:
- Vehicle Accident: (Auburn) On Tuesday, August 22nd at 10:04 a.m., firefighters responded to a vehicle into a building. Firefighters and King County Medics treated one patient on the scene. King County Medics transported the patient to Harborview Medical Center.
- Mutual Aid: (Puyallup) On Tuesday, August 22nd at 7:26 a.m., firefighters responded to a 2-alarm fire with Central Pierce Fire & Rescue. VRFA Firefighters remained in the staging area as a reserve until the fire was under control.
- Service Call: (Auburn) On Wednesday, August 23rd at 8:17 p.m., firefighters were called by the Auburn Police Department who were on a call for a woman stuck on her second-floor balcony. Firefighters arrived to find the woman on the second floor not requiring medical attention. Valley Regional Fire Authority was able to utilize their ladder truck to assist the woman safely to the ground. The woman was very clear that she was afraid of heights and was scared to climb down a ground ladder. Utilizing the aerial ladder allowed for a much less incline of descent to walk down. The woman was assisted back into her apartment by Auburn Police.
- Aid Call: (Lea Hill) On Friday, August 23rd at 2:46 p.m., firefighters responded to an unconscious pregnant female. Family members were unable to contact the patient inside of the apartment. Arriving firefighters used a roof ladder to climb through an open second-floor window finding the patient lying on the floor. The patient was treated by firefighters for dehydration and transported to MultiCare Auburn Medical Center by private ambulance.
- Aid Call: (Lakeland Hills) On Thursday, August 24th at 5:30 p.m., firefighters responded to an adult male found unconscious and unresponsive. Firefighters and King County Medics treated the patient on scene. The patient was transported to MultiCare Auburn Medical Center by a private ambulance company.
- Natural Gas Leak: (Pacific) On Friday, August 25th at 10:22 a.m., Firefighters responded to a natural gas leak located on the 700 block of Butte Ave SE. A contractor was operating a pipe boring machine and accidentally severed a two-inch natural gas line. PSE crews quickly arrived on the scene and were able to cap the leak.
- Set up Landing Zone: (Auburn) On Sunday, August 27th at 4:07 p.m., firefighters were dispatched to Station 96 to set up an Airlift helicopter landing zone for two critical patients who were injured in a motorcycle accident.
- Rescue: (Auburn) On Sunday, August 27th at 12:07 a.m., firefighters responded to reports of a man yelling in pain down the hillside below Jornada Park. Firefighters worked with Auburn Police to locate the adult male patient who had fallen and injured his ankle. Firefighters carried the patient down the hillside to an access road, provided patient care then had him transported by private ambulance to MultiCare Auburn Medical Center.