Here are 911 Calls for Service responded to by the Valley Regional Fire Authority (VRFA) from Jan. 15–Jan. 21, 2024:
- Vehicle Fire: (Pacific) On Monday, January 15th at 6:22 p.m., firefighters responded to a report of a car on fire on northbound SR167 north of Ellingson Rd. Firefighters arrived to find a small fire in the engine compartment. Firefighters used a dry chemical extinguisher to extinguish the fire and left the scene to the Washington State Patrol.
- Airplane Crash: (Auburn) On Tuesday, January 16th at 11:34 a.m., firefighters were dispatched to reports of a small single-engine aircraft that had crashed on Auburn Way North shortly after takeoff from Dick Scobee Field. On scene VRFA personnel found a two-seat type plane that had come to rest inverted with its tail in the air resting on a fence. The pilot suffered only minor injuries and was able to self-extricate prior to VRFA’s arrival. He was transported to a local hospital by a VRFA aid car as a precaution.
- Motor Vehicle Accident: (Auburn) On Wednesday, January 17th at 10:03 a.m., firefighters responded to a three-vehicle collision. Firefighters checked for injuries and assessed two patients on the scene. One patient was transported to St. Francis Hospital by firefighters for further treatment and evaluation.
- Auto Accident: (Auburn) On Thursday, January 18th, at 4:00 p.m., firefighters responded to an adult male who suffered multiple injuries after an accident involving 3 vehicles. Firefighters evaluated the man on the scene. He was transported to a local hospital by private ambulance.
- Motor Vehicle Collision: (Auburn) On Friday, January 19th at 8:45 p.m., firefighters responded to an adult female who was involved in a two-vehicle collision. Firefighters examined and provided care to the female, who did not have any injuries and did not need further medical attention.
- Service Call: (Algona) On Saturday, January 20th at 10:43 a.m., firefighters responded to a broken pipe in a residence. Firefighters confirmed that there was a broken pipe in the wall with water leaking through the siding. Crew members located the water shutoff and secured the water to the residence to prevent further damage.
- Aid Call: (Auburn) On Sunday, January 21st at 5:30 p.m., firefighters responded to an elderly female who complained of weakness and not being able to walk. The woman was evaluated by firefighters then transported to a local hospital by fire department aid car.