To better serve the Auburn School District community, the bell schedules for most schools will be slightly adjusted for the 19- 20 school year.
The changes are needed because:
- Both the City of Auburn and the Auburn School District continue to grow. To accommodate this growth, we have increased the number of buses to transport students.
- The Auburn School District will be adding a new elementary school in 2020 and another in 2021, which will increase the number of bus routes.
- The number of bus routes increases to provide transportation for Dick Scobee students to the interim school.
- Increased traffic volume in Auburn increases the amount of time needed to complete bus runs.
- The national bus driver shortage impacts the Auburn School District.
The new bell schedules will:
- Increase safety because drivers have an appropriate amount of time to meet their route’s schedule.
- Accommodate the new elementary schools.
- Increase availability of drivers for field trips, extra-curricular activities and extended day programs for students.
- Align middle schools to the same start and end times.
The New Bell Schedule: