Here are 911 Calls for Service responded to by the Valley Regional Fire Authority (VRFA) from Sept. 11–17, 2023:
- Aid Call: (Auburn) On Monday, September 11th at 3:08 p.m., firefighters responded to an elderly male with full body aches. Firefighters evaluated the patient and determined he had signs and symptoms consistent with sepsis. The patient was transported by private ambulance to MultiCare Auburn Medical Center.
- Mobile Home Fire: (East Auburn) On Tuesday, September 12th at 3:30 p.m., VRFA units were dispatched with Mountain View Fire units for a mobile home fire on Lake Moneysmith Rd. Fire units arrived and found a mobile home completely involved in the fire. Responding units took a defensive position and kept the flames in check. Firefighters established a water supply, knocked down fire in the brush, and protected the exposure as they put the fire out. The cause of the fire is still under investigation by King County Fire Investigator. No injuries resulted from the fire.
- Motor Vehicle Collision: On Wednesday, September 13th at 6:02 p.m. firefighters responded to reports of a high-speed two-vehicle head-on collision on West Valley Hwy South. On scene VRFA personnel treated two patients with non-life-threatening injuries. The vehicles were reportedly traveling at speeds well above local speed limits. Both patients were transported to Valley Medical Center by private ambulance.
- Passenger Vehicle Fire: (Auburn) On Thursday, September 14th at 3:45 p.m., firefighters responded to reports of a fire coming from the engine compartment of a vehicle. Upon arrival, firefighters quickly knocked down the bulk of the fire, and an Engine was added to the call to assist with the complete cooling of the engine compartment.
- Aid Call: (Lakeland Hills) On Friday, September 15th at 1:09 p.m., firefighters responded to a 6-year-old male who was having an allergic reaction to a bee sting. Firefighters evaluated the patient. The patient was left in the care of his mother.
- Aid Call: (Auburn) On Saturday, September 16th at 3:00 p.m., firefighters responded to a middle-aged man who had fallen in the parking lot near the mall and had injured his leg. The man was evaluated by firefighters and then transported by private ambulance to MultiCare Auburn Medical Center.
- Aid Call: (Algona) On Sunday, September 17th at 4:58 p.m., firefighters responded to an adult male complaining of a possible stroke. Firefighters evaluated the patient on scene, and he was transported to St. Francis Hospital by private ambulance.