“I am pleased to award these grants to help promote physical fitness in South King County,” said Councilmember Pete von Reichbauer. “These grants will help provide more opportunities for recreation in our community, and I look forward to working with these organizations as the projects move forward.”
King County Councilmember Pete von Reichbauer has announced $98,000 in grants to support youth sports and physical fitness in South King County. The grants, funded from the King County Youth and Sports Funds, will finance increased access and facility improvements in Federal Way, Auburn, and unincorporated King County.
- Auburn School District: $40,000 for equipment needs like shoes, gear, and safety equipment for middle-school students in the Auburn School District who otherwise can’t afford to play sports.
- Federal Way High School: $15,000 for facility and equipment needs for the Federal Way High School basketball team.
- Federal Way National Little League: $10,000 for facility repairs at the Federal Way National Little League Complex.
- King County Aquatic Center: $11,000 for programming and facility enhancements at the King County Aquatic Center in Federal Way.
- Steel Lake Little League: $11,000 for player equipment needs and facility improvements at the South County Ballfields.
- Thomas Jefferson High School: $11,000 for facility access improvements and equipment needs for the Thomas Jefferson High School baseball team.
The above is a press release from the office of King County Councilmember Pete von Reichbauer. The Auburn Examiner has not independently verified its contents and encourages our readers to personally verify any information they find may be overly biased or questionable. The publication of this press release does not indicate an endorsement of its contents.