As an independent outlet, we understand the limitations fellow local (small) businesses face. The current COVID-19 pandemic has exacerbated these limitations while adding stress, fear, anxiety, and frustration.
Making sure customers, old and new, know your business is open is crucial. Reduced income due to the pandemic has strained marketing budgets even more. We understand, and we want to help.
Starting the week of May 4th, the Auburn Examiner will be launching our Auburn Area Business Free Advertising Program.
Auburn Area Business Free Advertising Program:
Businesses a free ad placement on the Auburn Examiner (https://auburnexaminer.com) for a two-week run.
Each business will be self-categorized in one of the following categories. Category classification is strictly for internal organizational purposes when running ads:
- Restaurant/food service
- Retail (to include brick and mortar retail and online retail.)
- Service Industries (to include medical practices, gyms, real estate, hotel, etc.)
- Non-profit organizations (must provide 501c3 documentation.)
Note: Government entities, agencies, and representatives, political figures and candidates, and public figures do not qualify for this program.
- Businesses from each category will be selected at random for a 2-week run.
- Only one business per category will run at one time for the program.
- Each business must submit its ad graphic, business information (name, contact information, click-through URL, and category to [email protected].
- Once a business has submitted, they do not need to submit again.* (Submission updates and corrections, including graphics, will be accepted.)
- Businesses must be located, or have a business license to service, within the 98001, 98002, 98047, or 98092 zip codes.
- Businesses must self-identify in only one category. (Note: This is only for internal organizational purposes when running ads.)
- Advertising graphics must be 300p x 250p or 300p x 500p.
- Ad placement on the Auburn Examiner website will be assigned at random.
- A business cannot utilize the free advertising program more than one time in a 60-day period. The exception to this is if no other businesses have requested the use of the program for that same category.
- Multiple locations or departments from one business entity will not be considered separate businesses.
- Once a business has been selected and utilized the program, it must resubmit for to further utilize the program. (*This is the exception to resubmitting).
- The Auburn Examiner reserves the right to deny advertising, a submitted graphic, or the use of this program to any business.
The Auburn Area Business Free Advertising Program does not currently have an end date.
While this program is not restricted to small businesses, we request those businesses who do not need assistance or have received assistance from other sources to consider businesses that are more vulnerable at this time.
Supporting fellow local businesses and our local economy is important to us. We ask our readers to please consider not just local businesses that advertise with the Auburn Examiner, but all local businesses when making a purchase.