Auburn’s family-friendly Dog Trot Fun Runn has both in-person and virtual options available for the Saturday, May 22 event. The in-person option has staggered start times, from 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM. The virtual option allows you to choose your date, choose your time and choose your route.
Registration is $18/person. Registrants will receive a limited-edition 2021 T-Shirt, a full-color race bib and a participation medal. Domestic shipping is available if you are unable to pick-up your packet, for $5/packet.
Registration closes on May 9. T-Shirt sizes are guaranteed through April 22. Sorry, we will be unable to accommodate T-Shirt changes on event day; select your size carefully.
Click HERE to register.
In-person event details:
The City of Auburn will be taking the following precautions for its 2021 in-person Dog Trot event:
- Registration is only accepted on-line and closes May 9. (T-Shirt sizes are guaranteed Through April 22). There will be no on-site registration.
- A variety of packet pick-up sessions will be offered leading up to the event. You may also pick-up your packet on-site on May 22.
- Face masks/face coverings are required at all times until participants enter the route. It’s required to wear masks/face coverings upon finishing the route.
- The event will be self-timed.
- Interval starts will be offered in groups of 25 participants, every 15 minutes from 9:00 AM until 12:00 PM. Unless we add more interval sessions, we can accommodate 325 total participants. Participants will select their preferred time at registration.
- Participants will be released onto the course every few minutes in groups of 5 or less. Please don’t arrive on-site until 15 minutes prior to your interval time. Parking information and more details will be emailed to participants the week of the event.
- Participants must stay at least 6-feet of distance from those that don’t live in their household at the packet pick-up and start and finish area.
- Please maintain a minimum of 6-feet of distance when passing another participant.
- No congregating in groups at the finish. Participants must leave the area upon completion of the route.
- The route will close at 12:45 PM.
- Please practice social distancing while using the restroom. Portable restrooms will not be available.
- Hand sanitizer will be available at all tables.
- Unfortunately, spectators and/or any un-registered guests are unable to join you.
- Participants should not attend the event if they have a temperature of 100.4F or greater, feel sick, or believe they may have been exposed to COVID-19. Should this be the case, you can make arrangements to pick-up your packet at a later time and participate virtually.
Virtual Dog Trot Event Details:
Registration closes May 9. T-Shirt sizes are guaranteed through April 22. Sorry, we will be unable to accommodate T-Shirt changes at pick-up events; select your size carefully.
Choose your route, choose the date and choose the time that’s most convenient for you! Please note: if May 22 doesn’t work with your schedule, you’re welcome to find another day that is preferable.
Packet pick-up times will be available in the weeks leading up to the virtual event date. We will offer a variety of date/time options for a contact-less pick-up prior to the event. Domestic shipping is available! Only $5 extra to ship your packet. It is our goal to have items to you by the event date. Unfortunately, we cannot be responsible for mailed packages that may be lost or damaged.
Please follow social distancing recommendations and stay safe during your participation.
Additional T-Shirts available for purchase for $10; or $15 if you’d like us to mail it to you (domestic only).
For those of you who have already registered, thank you! Please share our event details with your friends and family.
No Petpalooza, Yes Happy Paws
As you may have heard, the city made the tough decision to cancel Auburn’s Petpalooza 2021. Fingers (and paws!) crossed for a Dog Trot and Petpalooza festival in 2022! Mark your calendar now and save the date for Saturday, May 21, 2022.
Here’s some good news…The City of Auburn is planning a small-scale pet vendor event. While this is not to be confused with the grandiose Petpalooza festival, Happy Paws will give attendees the opportunity to visit some vendors and stock up on some favorite goodies in a safe, outdoor environment.
Happy Paws is planned for Saturday, May 22 from 10:00am – 4:00pm at Les Gove Park. The outdoor event site will be completely fenced, so the number of attendees can be monitored in accordance with state guidelines. The event will also be taking the following safety precautions:
- Limiting attendance inside fenced area to follow state guidelines
- In accordance to the Governor’s orders, masks/face coverings are required by all attendees, staff and vendors inside the event area
- One entrance and one exit
- One way flow of traffic
- There will be a maximum of 45 vendors, who will be separated by 10’ per vendor space
- Social distancing indicators will be placed at each vendor booth
- Vendors are required to provide a ‘U-shaped’ set-up; thus no attendees will be allowed under canopies
- Hand sanitizer available at entrance and exit.
At this time, there will be no entertainment or other attractions, but attendees will see up to 45 vendors with items such as pet nutritional products, handmade pets items, pet beds, leashes, animal sculptures, original watercolor paintings and more. Of course, leashed, licensed, well-behaved pets are welcome!
The above is an announcement from the City of Auburn.