Auburn School District:
The Auburn School District (ASD) is the primary public school district service Auburn students, K-12. The district consists of 14 elementary schools, 4 middle schools, 3 comprehensive high schools, and 1 alternative high school. Currently, a new building for Olympic Middle School is under construction and the groundbreaking for a new elementary school in south Auburn is planned for April 20, 2019.
ASD School Board:
The Auburn School District Board of Directors consists of five members who are elected by the voters of the entire school district.
|Ryan Van Quill||5||2014||2021|
Dr. Alan Spicciati served as a teacher, principal, administrator and interim superintendent at Highline Public Schools prior to being named Auburn’s superintendent in July 2015.
Winter 2018 Message:
Dear Auburn School District Families:
It’s hard to believe it is already winter and the school year is almost half over. Students and staff have been working hard on all fronts this year.
Here are some highlights from the year so far:
- Five Auburn elementary schools placed in the Puget Sound Business Journal’s top 100 elementary schools in the Puget Sound region.
- The ASD Board of Directors was one of 10 large school district boards to earn a Board of Distinction award from the Washington State School Directors Association.
- Gildo Rey Elementary received a National ESEA Distinguished School Award for exceptional academic achievement over the last three years.
- Construction of Olympic Middle School is on-budget and on track to open in the fall of 2019.
We continue our work towards 100 percent graduation. From No Excuses University in grades K-8, additional support for high school students with extra time, and a system-wide commitment towards success, our goal is to graduate 100 percent of our students ready for success beyond high school. We will keep you updated on our progress.
I wish you and your family a relaxing winter break and Happy New Year.
Dr. Alan Spicciati
For more information about the AuburnSchool District, call (253) 931-4900, or visit www.auburn.wednet.edu
- Auburn’s Newest Elementary School Has a Name!by Press Release - Auburn School District on January 11, 2022 at 11:03 pm
In November, the ASD Board of Directors asked the community to make suggestions for the name of Auburn’s newest elementary. The 16th elementary is serving… This post Auburn’s Newest Elementary School Has a Name! appeared first on Auburn Examiner.
- Multiple COVID-19 Outbreaks Takedown High School Wrestling Programsby Elizabeth Miller on December 15, 2021 at 11:38 pm
Multiple COVID-19 outbreaks have been linked to four separate high school wrestling tournaments held December 4. Per a Department of Health release, the current number… This post Multiple COVID-19 Outbreaks Takedown High School Wrestling Programs appeared first on Auburn Examiner.
- Student Arrested For Bringing BB Gun to Auburn Middle Schoolby Elizabeth Miller on December 2, 2021 at 2:12 am
An Olympic Middle School student was arrested Monday for having an Airsoft BB on school property. The 12-year-old student posted photos of himself on social… This post Student Arrested For Bringing BB Gun to Auburn Middle School appeared first on Auburn Examiner.
- AHS Holiday Craft Bazaar This Saturdayby Elizabeth Miller on November 23, 2021 at 12:24 am
Kick-off your holiday shopping while supporting the Auburn High School PTSA Holiday Craft Bazaar this Saturday. With a variety of local vendors and artisans, you’ll… This post AHS Holiday Craft Bazaar This Saturday appeared first on Auburn Examiner.
- Threats Cause Rainier Middle School Lockdownby Elizabeth Miller on November 10, 2021 at 9:46 pm
Rainier Middle School was placed in lockdown shortly after the start of the school day Wednesday, November 10. “The reason for the lockdown was a… This post Threats Cause Rainier Middle School Lockdown appeared first on Auburn Examiner.