Auburn School District:
The Auburn School District (ASD) is the primary public school district service Auburn students, K-12. The district consists of 14 elementary schools, 4 middle schools, 3 comprehensive high schools, and 1 alternative high school. Currently, a new building for Olympic Middle School is under construction and the groundbreaking for a new elementary school in south Auburn is planned for April 20, 2019.
ASD School Board:
The Auburn School District Board of Directors consists of five members who are elected by the voters of the entire school district.
|Ryan Van Quill||5||2014||2021|
Dr. Alan Spicciati served as a teacher, principal, administrator and interim superintendent at Highline Public Schools prior to being named Auburn’s superintendent in July 2015.
Winter 2018 Message:
Dear Auburn School District Families:
It’s hard to believe it is already winter and the school year is almost half over. Students and staff have been working hard on all fronts this year.
Here are some highlights from the year so far:
- Five Auburn elementary schools placed in the Puget Sound Business Journal’s top 100 elementary schools in the Puget Sound region.
- The ASD Board of Directors was one of 10 large school district boards to earn a Board of Distinction award from the Washington State School Directors Association.
- Gildo Rey Elementary received a National ESEA Distinguished School Award for exceptional academic achievement over the last three years.
- Construction of Olympic Middle School is on-budget and on track to open in the fall of 2019.
We continue our work towards 100 percent graduation. From No Excuses University in grades K-8, additional support for high school students with extra time, and a system-wide commitment towards success, our goal is to graduate 100 percent of our students ready for success beyond high school. We will keep you updated on our progress.
I wish you and your family a relaxing winter break and Happy New Year.
Dr. Alan Spicciati
For more information about the AuburnSchool District, call (253) 931-4900, or visit www.auburn.wednet.edu
- All ASD Students Eligible for Free Breakfast, Lunch Beginning Fall 2022by Press Release - ASD on August 15, 2022 at 8:54 pm
All students in the Auburn School District are eligible for free school breakfast and lunch beginning next month through the end of the 2026 school… This post All ASD Students Eligible for Free Breakfast, Lunch Beginning Fall 2022 appeared first on Auburn Examiner.
- ASD Employee Named Regional Employee of the Yearby Press Release - ASD on July 21, 2022 at 7:57 pm
The Puget Sound Educational Service District (PSESD) announced its Regional Classified School Employee of the Year selection is Jamie Harres, a youth development specialist at… This post ASD Employee Named Regional Employee of the Year appeared first on Auburn Examiner.
- Did You Hear About ARHS Theater Students’ Theory?by Jordan Stubblefield on May 16, 2022 at 11:52 pm
From rehearsals in early January to performing the play live in April, Auburn Riverside’s High School theater students worked tirelessly to produce the school’s spring… This post Did You Hear About ARHS Theater Students’ Theory? appeared first on Auburn Examiner.
- Board Director Sought for ASD Director District 3by Auburn Examiner Staff on May 15, 2022 at 3:10 am
The Auburn School District has announced it is accepting applications for the now vacant Director District 3 position. Melissa Laramie, who was elected to the… This post Board Director Sought for ASD Director District 3 appeared first on Auburn Examiner.
- Program Helps WA Kids Falling Behind from School Disruptions [AUDIO]by Eric Tegethoff, Washington News Service on May 13, 2022 at 7:20 pm
School disruptions from the pandemic have threatened to leave Washington students behind, but there are efforts to ensure they stay on track. The state… This post Program Helps WA Kids Falling Behind from School Disruptions [AUDIO] appeared first on Auburn Examiner.