Auburn School District:
The Auburn School District (ASD) is the primary public school district service Auburn students, K-12. The district consists of 14 elementary schools, 4 middle schools, 3 comprehensive high schools, and 1 alternative high school. Currently, a new building for Olympic Middle School is under construction and the groundbreaking for a new elementary school in south Auburn is planned for April 20, 2019.
ASD School Board:
The Auburn School District Board of Directors consists of five members who are elected by the voters of the entire school district.
|Ryan Van Quill||5||2014||2021|
Dr. Alan Spicciati served as a teacher, principal, administrator and interim superintendent at Highline Public Schools prior to being named Auburn’s superintendent in July 2015.
Winter 2018 Message:
Dear Auburn School District Families:
It’s hard to believe it is already winter and the school year is almost half over. Students and staff have been working hard on all fronts this year.
Here are some highlights from the year so far:
- Five Auburn elementary schools placed in the Puget Sound Business Journal’s top 100 elementary schools in the Puget Sound region.
- The ASD Board of Directors was one of 10 large school district boards to earn a Board of Distinction award from the Washington State School Directors Association.
- Gildo Rey Elementary received a National ESEA Distinguished School Award for exceptional academic achievement over the last three years.
- Construction of Olympic Middle School is on-budget and on track to open in the fall of 2019.
We continue our work towards 100 percent graduation. From No Excuses University in grades K-8, additional support for high school students with extra time, and a system-wide commitment towards success, our goal is to graduate 100 percent of our students ready for success beyond high school. We will keep you updated on our progress.
I wish you and your family a relaxing winter break and Happy New Year.
Dr. Alan Spicciati
For more information about the AuburnSchool District, call (253) 931-4900, or visit www.auburn.wednet.edu
- ASD School Board Recognize November’s Student and Staff Member of the Monthby Elizabeth Miller on November 25, 2020 at 10:01 pm
On November 9 the Auburn School District Board of Directors recognized Lory Ball as November’s Outstanding Staff Member of the Month and Brielle Parks as… This post ASD School Board Recognize November’s Student and Staff Member of the Month appeared first on Auburn Examiner.
- Lew Keliher: 2020 Spotlight Connect Achieve Award Recipientby Aggregated Content - Auburn Area CONNECT on November 17, 2020 at 6:46 pm
Auburn School District Director of Career and Technical Education Lew Keliher is the recipient of the Auburn Area CONNECT 2020 SPOTLIGHT “Achieve” Award. The Achieve… This post Lew Keliher: 2020 Spotlight Connect Achieve Award Recipient appeared first on Auburn Examiner.
- Auburn School District Veterans Day Tributeby Elizabeth Miller on November 11, 2020 at 8:41 pm
Celebrations and events have all taken on a new look in 2020. This year’s Veterans Day tributes have been no different. However, sometimes the 2020… This post Auburn School District Veterans Day Tribute appeared first on Auburn Examiner.
- Is Youth Substance Use a Problem in Auburn?by Press Release - Auburn Prevention Coalition on November 9, 2020 at 9:32 pm
The Auburn Prevention Coalition is looking for community input regarding youth substance use in Auburn. The community is invited to take a short survey (available… This post Is Youth Substance Use a Problem in Auburn? appeared first on Auburn Examiner.
- Auburn School District Updates Distance Learning Scheduleby Elizabeth Miller on November 7, 2020 at 12:50 am
Auburn School District Superintendent Dr. Alan Spicciati sent a letter to district families late Friday afternoon. The latest distance learning update is the result of… This post Auburn School District Updates Distance Learning Schedule appeared first on Auburn Examiner.