Auburn School District:
The Auburn School District (ASD) is the primary public school district service Auburn students, K-12. The district consists of 14 elementary schools, 4 middle schools, 3 comprehensive high schools, and 1 alternative high school. Currently, a new building for Olympic Middle School is under construction and the groundbreaking for a new elementary school in south Auburn is planned for April 20, 2019.
ASD School Board:
The Auburn School District Board of Directors consists of five members who are elected by the voters of the entire school district.
|Ryan Van Quill||5||2014||2021|
Dr. Alan Spicciati served as a teacher, principal, administrator and interim superintendent at Highline Public Schools prior to being named Auburn’s superintendent in July 2015.
Winter 2018 Message:
Dear Auburn School District Families:
It’s hard to believe it is already winter and the school year is almost half over. Students and staff have been working hard on all fronts this year.
Here are some highlights from the year so far:
- Five Auburn elementary schools placed in the Puget Sound Business Journal’s top 100 elementary schools in the Puget Sound region.
- The ASD Board of Directors was one of 10 large school district boards to earn a Board of Distinction award from the Washington State School Directors Association.
- Gildo Rey Elementary received a National ESEA Distinguished School Award for exceptional academic achievement over the last three years.
- Construction of Olympic Middle School is on-budget and on track to open in the fall of 2019.
We continue our work towards 100 percent graduation. From No Excuses University in grades K-8, additional support for high school students with extra time, and a system-wide commitment towards success, our goal is to graduate 100 percent of our students ready for success beyond high school. We will keep you updated on our progress.
I wish you and your family a relaxing winter break and Happy New Year.
Dr. Alan Spicciati
For more information about the AuburnSchool District, call (253) 931-4900, or visit www.auburn.wednet.edu
- Bullet Pierces Lea Hill Homeby Lindsay Hicks on April 5, 2021 at 10:32 pm
When Sara Hayward heard a popping noise on March 20, she thought someone had thrown a rock at one of her windows. Finding no damage,… This post Bullet Pierces Lea Hill Home appeared first on Auburn Examiner.
- City of Auburn to Hold Youth Town Hallby Elizabeth Miller on April 5, 2021 at 7:20 pm
The City of Auburn is holding its second monthly town hall this Thursday, April 8. The focus of April’s town hall is youth engagement in… This post City of Auburn to Hold Youth Town Hall appeared first on Auburn Examiner.
- Schrier Visits ASD Rapid Testing Pilot Site at Bowman Creek Elementaryby Press Release - Rep. Kim Schrier, M.D. on March 31, 2021 at 7:58 pm
Congresswoman Kim Schrier, M.D. (WA-08), and Auburn Schools Superintendent Dr. Alan Spicciati visited the rapid testing pilot program site at Bowman Creek Elementary School in… This post Schrier Visits ASD Rapid Testing Pilot Site at Bowman Creek Elementary appeared first on Auburn Examiner.
- ASD to Continue Free Meals During Spring Breakby Elizabeth Miller on March 29, 2021 at 8:53 pm
The Auburn School District will continue to provide free meals over spring break. Meals will be provided April 6-8. See below for the locations and… This post ASD to Continue Free Meals During Spring Break appeared first on Auburn Examiner.
- ASD Welcomes the Return of Varsity Footballby Elizabeth Miller on March 15, 2021 at 11:57 pm
Varsity high school football is back for the Auburn School District! Auburn Mountainview and Auburn Riverside kicked off the spring football season with a Friday… This post ASD Welcomes the Return of Varsity Football appeared first on Auburn Examiner.