Auburn School District:
The Auburn School District (ASD) is the primary public school district service Auburn students, K-12. The district consists of 14 elementary schools, 4 middle schools, 3 comprehensive high schools, and 1 alternative high school. Currently, a new building for Olympic Middle School is under construction and the groundbreaking for a new elementary school in south Auburn is planned for April 20, 2019.
ASD School Board:
The Auburn School District Board of Directors consists of five members who are elected by the voters of the entire school district.
|Ryan Van Quill||5||2014||2021|
Dr. Alan Spicciati served as a teacher, principal, administrator and interim superintendent at Highline Public Schools prior to being named Auburn’s superintendent in July 2015.
Winter 2018 Message:
Dear Auburn School District Families:
It’s hard to believe it is already winter and the school year is almost half over. Students and staff have been working hard on all fronts this year.
Here are some highlights from the year so far:
- Five Auburn elementary schools placed in the Puget Sound Business Journal’s top 100 elementary schools in the Puget Sound region.
- The ASD Board of Directors was one of 10 large school district boards to earn a Board of Distinction award from the Washington State School Directors Association.
- Gildo Rey Elementary received a National ESEA Distinguished School Award for exceptional academic achievement over the last three years.
- Construction of Olympic Middle School is on-budget and on track to open in the fall of 2019.
We continue our work towards 100 percent graduation. From No Excuses University in grades K-8, additional support for high school students with extra time, and a system-wide commitment towards success, our goal is to graduate 100 percent of our students ready for success beyond high school. We will keep you updated on our progress.
I wish you and your family a relaxing winter break and Happy New Year.
Dr. Alan Spicciati
For more information about the AuburnSchool District, call (253) 931-4900, or visit www.auburn.wednet.edu
- Two Losses and a Win for Auburn Schools in Weekend Footballby Elizabeth Miller on September 14, 2021 at 10:32 pm
The Trojans and the Knights didn’t fare well this weekend, each losing their battle on the field. The Raiders ensured there wasn’t a shutout for… This post Two Losses and a Win for Auburn Schools in Weekend Football appeared first on Auburn Examiner.
- Auburn Trojans Trounce Stadium High in Season Openerby Elizabeth Miller on September 3, 2021 at 5:40 pm
Schools throughout the region are back in session this week, and that means fall sports are also kicking off their seasons. Some kind of impressive:… This post Auburn Trojans Trounce Stadium High in Season Opener appeared first on Auburn Examiner.
- Two Auburn Mountainview Students Place in National Microsoft Competitionby Solen Aref on August 31, 2021 at 8:51 pm
Like most teachers, Auburn Mountainview High School’s Patricia Eckelman wasn’t thrilled about distance learning – especially her Microsoft Office Specialist class. However, there was one… This post Two Auburn Mountainview Students Place in National Microsoft Competition appeared first on Auburn Examiner.
- Tips for Supporting Students’ Well-Being as School Year Approachesby Eric Tegethoff, Washington News Service on August 30, 2021 at 8:46 pm
Students are set to return to the classroom in Washington, fueling a mix of emotions. Health and education professionals have some tips for parents to… This post Tips for Supporting Students’ Well-Being as School Year Approaches appeared first on Auburn Examiner.
- It’s Time for Kindergarten Enrollment!by Press Release - ASD on August 25, 2021 at 11:06 pm
Families with children who will be five by August 31 are encouraged to register their child for kindergarten with the Auburn School District. Kindergarten registration… This post It’s Time for Kindergarten Enrollment! appeared first on Auburn Examiner.