Here is your Valley Regional Fire Authority blotter for the week of January 27-February 2, 2020. The calls for service listed are just a fraction of the calls VRFA responds to in a given week.
As with our police blotter, if there is an incident, listed here or not, that you would like more information on please send a message to [email protected].
911 Requests for Services / Customer Service
- Vehicle Accident: (Auburn) On Monday, February 3 at 12:06 p.m., firefighters responded to a 4-car accident on Highway 18. One vehicle that was involved rolled multiple times. The driver was treated by firefighters at the scene for minor injuries, and transported by private ambulance to MultiCare Auburn Medical Center.
- Aid Call: (Lea Hill) On Thursday, February 4 at 9:39 a.m., firefighters assisted an elderly patient with altered mental status due to high ammonia levels. The patient was evaluated by King County Medics and transported to Valley Hospital by private ambulance.
- Aid Call: (Algona) On Wednesday, February 5 at 3:44 p.m., firefighters assisted an elderly patient complaining of shortness of breath. Firefighters assessed the patient who was then transported by private ambulance to MultiCare Auburn Medical Center for further treatment.
- Fuel Spill: (Auburn) On Thursday, February 6, at 11:03 a.m., firefighters responded to a semi-truck, involved in an accident, which was leaking diesel fuel on Westbound Highway 18. A small sedan hydroplaned in the wet conditions and struck the truck, which punctured the steel tank containing 50 gallons of diesel. Firefighters assisted WA State DOT to contain the spill and prevent further leaking.
- Mutual Aid: (Bonney Lake) On Friday, February 7 at 7:08 p.m., firefighters responded to a mutual aid request for East Pierce Fire and Rescue. They investigated a report of power lines down. Firefighters did not find wires down, but did talk to homeowners without power who stated they heard multiple transformer explosions.
- Vehicle Accident: (Pacific Raceway) On Saturday, February 8 at 1:11 p.m., firefighters responded to a 1 car roll-over accident on a racetrack involving a car that was estimated by track officials to be going 120 mph. The vehicle left the track and rolled several times. The driver of the vehicle exited on their own and complained of minor pains. The patient was evaluated by track EMTs and VRFA firefighters then transported to MultiCare Auburn Medical Center by private ambulance.
- Aid Call: (Lea Hill) On Sunday, February 9 at 11:05 a.m., firefighters responded to a middle-aged patient slumped over the wheel of a parked car. The patient was examined by firefighters and transported involuntarily to MultiCare Auburn Medical Center by private ambulance.