We’re partnering with some great businesses for another mystery box give away! This time, there will be two mystery boxes! Friday March 8th is International Women’s Day, and we want to celebrate by supporting women-owned, and partner-owned, businesses in Auburn!
According to Disabled American Veterans, “March is National Women’s History Month, but its roots go back to March 8, 1857, when women from New York City factories staged a protest over working conditions. International Women’s Day was first observed in 1909, and in 1981 Congress established National Women’s History Week to be commemorated the second week of March. In 1987, Congress expanded the week to a month. Every year since Congress has passed a resolution for Women’s History Month, and the President has issued a proclamation.”
Entering the raffle for our latest mystery box is easy!
Step One: Patronize a woman owned or partner-owned business in Auburn, WA between Friday March 8-Sunday March 10th
Step Two: Take a selfie (or another unique photo if you’re shy) inside the business
Step Three: Share a photo with us on the designated post on our Facebook page (click here).
When you post your photo, you are entering yourself into the raffle.
Services and Online Businesses: Book an appointment or make a purchase from March 8-March 10th and post a screen cap of the confirmation as your entry. Please remove personal data such as your credit card information, address etc. If you are not comfortable posting the screen cap, you can message it to us on Facebook.
Independent Contractors (Cosmetologists, Massage Therapists, Nail Techs, Tattoo Artists, etc): Take a photo with the Independent Woman…we mean Contractor who you patronized and share who she is, what service she provides and where she is located.
Here’s a look at one of our first Mystery Box Contributors:
But there are two boxes, right?
Yes, there are two boxes! We have a mystery box as a raffle for those who patronize the wonderful women-owned businesses of Auburn, and we also have a mystery box for the hardworking women business owners.
When you post your photos, you are entering you and the business each into a raffle. The best part is you do not have to pick just one business: patronize as many women-owned businesses as possible. Each photo is an entry into the raffle!
Here’s Your Sign:
We have created a sign to help promote the giveaway and International Women’s Day. Businesses wishing to use the sign are encouraged to place their logo or business name in the center.
We’re Making A list!
To help make it easier to get out there and support women-owned businesses, we will be posting a list of as many Auburn-based women-owned businesses as we can. We are currently compiling a list of women-owned and partner-owned businesses based in Auburn. If you operate a woman-owned/partner-owned business and want to be listed please email email@example.com with the following information:
Business address (if brick & mortar):
Business’ social media (all):
If no physical location, the best contact method for your business:
And now for the boring stuff – the contest rules:
- Qualifying entries must be posted by March 12, 2019, at 11:59pm.
- Qualifying businesses must have a City of Auburn address or a City of Auburn endorsement on their business license.
- Winning entry must be of a photo taken between March 8, 2019, at 12:00am and March 10, 2019, at 11:59pm, patronizing a qualifying women-owned or partner-owned Auburn, WA based business.
- Patron winner and Business winner cannot be the same person.
- Business owners cannot enter themselves into the raffle.
- One business entry per person.
- No purchase necessary (but don’t be that jerk).
- Patron winner does not have to be an Auburn, WA resident, or a woman.
- Winning business must legally be women-owned, or partner-owned. If winning business is partner-owned, the woman partner receives the mystery box. Multiple women partners choose who receives, or how to split the mystery box.