Auburn’s annual Bulky Item Pick-Up is coming up. This is a once-a-year event to help expel unwanted items from your home for free. Restrictions on items you can kick to the curb do apply, so check the list below.
Please remember that you’re setting your items out at your own risk.
Bulky Item Pick-Up Dates:
Waste Management and Republic Services have different dates so double check your provider and date.
Waste Management: Single-family & duplex residents: Place bulky Items in your garbage collection area by 7am on Saturday, April 24, 2021 (one day only, Mobile Home customers’ pick up day was April 12-16 on garbage day)
Republic Services: Mobile home park, single-family & duplex residents: Place bulky items by your garbage container by 6am on your garbage collection day the week of May 3-7, 2021.
Bulky Item Pick-Up FAQs
Here are a few quick tips and reminders to help ensure Bulky Pick-up Day runs as smoothly as possible.
- On the day of Bulky Item Pick-Up, make sure nothing (such as cars, RVs, basketball hoops, or other items) is blocking sidewalks or access to the bulky items for collection.
- Multiple trucks will be picking up items.
- Bulky Item Collection driver will leave an “OOPS TAG” for items not accepted. Please remove these items from collection area.
- If there is no “OOPS TAG” and your items have not been picked up by 7pm, call the City of Auburn on Monday, April 26. Missed items will be scheduled for collection within two business days. Leave items out until collected
- Keep items not meant for pick up away from bulky items. Double and triple check. You might think it’s clear and not realize someone forgot to put away their bike again. The city and collection companies are not responsible for items picked up.
Limit four items total. One item allowed per category. (Example: 1 dishwasher, 1 BBQ, 1 recliner chair, 1 child car seat).
Category 1 – Large Appliances:
Hot Water Tank
Refrigerator or Freezer (Empty)
Small Air Conditioner
Stove, Cook Top or Hood Range
Category 2 – Outdoor Items:
BBQ (No Propane Tank)
Hot Tub Cover
Large Plastic Play Toy
Patio Table, Umbrella
& chairs (Set)
Category 3 – Furniture:
Bed Frame & Rails
Couch (NO Sofa Sleepers)
End Table or Night Stand (Set)
Mattress & Box Spring (Set)
Small Entertainment Center
Table & Chairs (Set)
Category 4 – Other Items:
Artificial Christmas Tree
Child Car Seat
Treadmill or Elliptical
NO small or miscellaneous items, household garbage, yard waste, or household hazardous waste.
NO wood/lumber, carpets/padding/flooring/rugs, TVs, electronics, remodeling/construction materials (doors, screens, windows, toilets, sinks, showers/tubs, cabinets, etc.)
NO gas mowers, chain saws, or any other items that use fluids or gas.
For information on where to take items not accepted for collection, visit auburnwa.gov/solidwaste.
Note: Items you put out for pick up may not make it to sunrise. Someone may pass by that old lawn mower you put out and think they’re able to fix it. Now it’s their spouse’s problem, not yours.