Saturday, August 14, 9am-1pm | Les Gove Park
$15 Registration Fee through August 12, 2021 at 11pm
Early registration includes a t-shirt and participation medal. Payment must accompany registration.
Online registration or call 253-931-3043 to register over the phone.
|The Almost 5K Poker Fun Run & Walk is an in-person fun run perfect for all ages and abilities!
The Almost 5K Poker Fun Run & Walk is an easy run around Les Gove Park. This fun run will utilize the big loop at Les Gove Park. Five loops around is “almost” a 5K (short of a 5K by 1,138 feet). For each lap around the loop, participants will stop, choose a card, and try to get the best poker hand with the five cards drawn. To reduce contact with others, only Poker Run volunteers will touch the playing cards. Participants will select their card from a safe distance.
Participation Rules & Awards
- The route will be open from 9 AM – 1 PM
- Interval starts will be offered in groups of 50 participants, every 15 minutes from 9:00 AM until 1:00 PM. Participants will select their preferred time at registration.
- Participants must draw 5 cards total, one upon completion of each large loop at Les Gove Park, to create their final poker hand. (Hand sanitizer will be available at all tables).
- The restroom at Les Gove Park will be open and available for participants.
- Parking information and more details will be emailed to participants the week of the event.
- Please maintain a minimum of 6-feet of distance when possible.
- Those unvaccinated are encouraged to wear a mask when social distance cannot be accommodated.
- Participants should not attend the event if they have a temperature of 100.4F or greater, feel sick, or believe they may have been exposed to COVID-19. Should this be the case, you can make arrangements to pick-up your packet at a later time.
- Strollers are welcome on the course (please note, children not pushed in a stroller must be a paying participant in the race).
- Awards will be distributed to the top poker hands in eight age categories:
- Child (8 & under)
- Tween (9-12 yrs.)
- Teen (13-19 yrs.)
- Adult I (20-29 yrs.)
- Adult II (30-39 yrs.)
- Adult III (40-49 yrs.)
- Adult IV (50-70 yrs.)
- Senior (71+ yrs.)
- Awards will be announced the following Monday via email and social media
Virtual Event Options
Individuals are welcome to instead, participate in this fun run virtually. You will receive a t-shirt, medal, and score card but will NOT be eligible for prizes.
Registration closes August 12 at 11pm . Choose your route, choose the date and choose the time that’s most convenient for you!
Packet pick-up times will be available in the week leading up to the in-person event date on August 14. We will offer a variety of date/time options for a contact-less pick-up prior to the event. Domestic shipping is available! Only $5 extra to ship your packet. It is our goal to have items to you by the event date. Unfortunately, we cannot be responsible for mailed packages that may be lost or damaged.
The above is an event announcement from the City of Auburn. The Auburn Examiner has not independently verified its content.