The holidays can produce an amazing amount of garbage and recycling! From party remnants, wrapping paper and packaging from gifts or even just a Christmas tree ready to retire, the excess can be overwhelming. Thankfully the City of Auburn has again partnered with Waste Management and Republic Waste to ensure your holidays don’t go sour – like that buttermilk you forgot about.
Christmas & New Years Day Holiday Collection Schedule
Pick up will be ONE day delayed:
- Tuesday collection will be on Wednesday (12/26/18 & 1/2/19)
- Wednesday collection will be on Thursday (12/27/18 & 1/3/19)
- Thursday collection will be on Friday (12/28/18 & 1/4/19).
- Friday collection will be on Saturday (12/29/18 & 1/5/19).
Not sure about recycling wrapping paper? According to the King County Solid Waste Division, “Most wrapping paper can be recycled in your home recycling container. A little tape is fine, but remove the big pieces. Consider saving reusable wrapping paper, along with ribbons and bows. Glittery paper and ribbons you can’t use again should go in the garbage.” Here is a more extensive guide to ensuring you’re recycling properly!
Christmas Tree Recycling Collection Event
January 7 – 11, 2019
Waste Management and Republic Services residents who live within the city limits of Auburn can recycle their Christmas tree and wreath for FREE.
Single-family and mobile home park residents place your tree/wreath by your carts on garbage collection day by 7:00 AM. Do not block collection containers.
Multifamily residents place your tree/wreath by your garbage collection area on Monday, January 7 by 6:00 AM.
- Cut the tree into 4-foot pieces or put into compost cart (if available).
- Tree trunk should be no wider than 4″ in diameter.
- Remove all garland, tinsel, and ornaments.
- No flocked or imitation trees/wreaths or other debris is accepted.
- Limit 1 tree and wreath per household.
Don’t throw away your old Christmas Lights!
Auburn Riverside’s Orchestra Booster Club is hosting Recycle Event January 12, 2019, from 10am-2pm. The event will be held in the parking lot of Auburn Riverside High School: 503 Oravetz Rd. Auburn, Washington 98092
Bring your unwanted eWaste – Christmas lights, computers*, laptops*, monitors, printers, ink/toner, remotes, DVD/BluRay players, AC adapters, cable/satellite boxes, TVs, MP3 players, anything that plugs in can be recycled at this event-broken & not!
*all hard drive data will be automatically wiped at the UpTekk facility
UpTekk and the Big Brothers and Big Sisters of Puget Sound will also be present with bins available to recycle clothing, household items, and scrap metal.
This event is to help the orchestra attend the spring 2019 WWU Music Festival.
Holiday Styrofoam Collection Events
The City of Auburn is partnering with Safeway Stores to provide FREE Styrofoam block recycling for residents who live within the city limits of Auburn
Hours: 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM
What to bring: Styrofoam Blocks
- Look for the #6 or EPS symbol.
- Clean & dry material ONLY, free of tape and any labels.
- No packing peanuts, cups, food trays, plastic wrap, other plastics or recyclables.
Dates / Locations:
- January 5, 2019 – Safeway Store, 101 Auburn Way S
- January 12, 2019 – Albertson Store, 4010 A ST SE