Below are just a few of the calls the Valley Regional Fire Authority responded to for the week of June 1-7, 2020.
- Aid Call: (Auburn) On Monday, June 1 at 6:43 p.m., firefighters assisted an adult male with a laceration to the head from a fight. The patient was treated at the scene and transported to MultiCare Auburn Medical Center by a private ambulance.
- Car Fire: (Auburn) On Tuesday, June 2 at 11:55 a.m., firefighters responded to a two-car motor vehicle accident with one car on fire. Firefighters extinguished the fire. One patient was transported to a local hospital by VRFA aid car.
- House Fire: (Lakeland Hills) On Wednesday, June 3 at 3:00 a.m., VRFA units were dispatched to a fire in a garage. Personnel arrived to find heavy smoke from the front of the home and all occupants out of the home. The engine crew made entry thru the front door and got a quick knockdown of the fire. The fire was contained to the garage with smoke moderate smoke damage to the inside of the home.
- Vehicle vs Pedestrian: (Auburn) On Thursday, June 4 at 2:40 a.m., firefighters responded to a vehicle vs. pedestrian accident. Firefighters assisted an adult female that suffered multiple injuries after being struck by a vehicle. Firefighters and King County Medics assessed the patient and treated her on scene. Medics transported her to Harborview Medical Center for further treatment and evaluation.
- Natural Gas Leak: (Auburn) On Friday, June 5 at 5:53 p.m., firefighters responded to a natural gas leak at the 1500 block of M ST SE. When firefighters arrived, they found that a backhoe had accidentally dug up a residential gas line. Homes closest to the broken line were evacuated. Firefighters were able to secure the gas line before the meter. The scene was turned over to PSE for repair.
- Police Assist: (Auburn) On Saturday, June 6 at 12:06 p.m., firefighters assisted the Auburn Police Department with removing a person from a roof of a home. A ladder was placed to enable the person of interest to get down from the roof. There were no injuries and the person of interest is in police custody.
- Car Fire: (Auburn) On Sunday, June 7 at 9:41 a.m., firefighters were requested by APD to help investigate the remains of a previous car fire found on a service road on Muckleshoot Tribal property. After conference with the Fire Marshal’s office, the scene was documented and left to APD.